It is important that you obtain results of any tests done.
It is good practice to arrange a follow up appointment to confirm your results. These follow up appointments will be bulk-billed.
If your results require follow up by your doctor, you will be recalled by reception staff to make another appointment. In general, recall appointments will also be bulk-billed.
- Our procedure for Results are as follows:
- If the result is life-threatening- the doctor will call you personally
- If the doctor would like to discuss the results with you, our reception staff with ring you to arrange a NON-URGENT appointment with the doctor.
- If the results are ‘normal’, you will receive a Generic SMS/Email with generic non-sensitive information stating “The doctor is not concerned.” However, you are given the opportunity to make a follow-up appointment to discuss your results. This results discussion will be bulk-billed.
It is the policy of this practice that Reception staff are NOT permitted to give you, your results over the phone or in person at the front desk.
- # Copies of your results can be obtained at the time of your appt.
- # If you request these results outside of your appointment, a small fee will be charged to you for the doctors time.
Recalls and Reminders:
We are committed to appropriate management and preventative care of medical conditions. We may send you a recall reminder from time to time offering you follow-up or preventative health care. If you do not wish to be part of this service please inform your doctor or the practice manager.