It is important that you obtain results of any tests requested and completed by OUR doctors. It is good practice to arrange a follow up appointment to confirm your results. If your results require follow up by your doctor, you will be recalled by reception staff to make another appointment.
* These follow-up appointments for the discussion of your results only will be bulk-billed if you have a current Medicare card. Without a Medicare card, the fee will be charged to you. If other matters arise or are discussed, then a normal consultation fee will apply.
Our Procedure for Results are as follows:
- If it is urgent, life threatening the doctor themselves will ring you directly.
- If the doctor wants to see you for a non urgent review, a secure HOTDOC health Message will be sent to your Phone Number on file, requesting you to make an appointment.
- We will not send you any notification if your results are normal. However, if you still wish to know and discuss your results, please make a follow up appointment after your consultation. For results discussion only this will be bulk billed.
- Reception staff are NOT permitted to give you, your results over the phone or in person at the front desk. Please do not ask them to do so as you will be refused.
- Please also do not insist that the Doctor will call you as this is not the policy of the practice.
- # Copies of your results can be obtained at the time of your appt.
- # If you request these results outside of your appointment, a small fee will be charged to you for the doctors time.
Please know: If the investigations were requested by your specialist, it is the specialists responsibility to inform you of your results. Please contact them for follow-up of your results
Recalls and Reminders:
We are committed to appropriate management and preventative care of medical conditions. We may send you a recall reminder from time to time offering you follow-up or preventative health care. If you do not wish to be part of this service please inform your doctor or the practice manager.